After logging in with the login link in the top right, click here to upload your Capstone

Capstone Projects

The Portable Glass Business Plan

Wed, 12/02/2015 - 10:18
Abstract: This is a capstone on a business plan for a start up company. This business is an educational style catering company that teaches classes on how to pair foods with various alcoholic spirits (beer, wine,and hard cider). The business itself is based out of Burlington, Vermont and does business throughout the Champlain Valley areas of Vermont and New York.
Access: Yes
Literary Rights: Off
Major: Food Service and Beverage Management
Year: 2015
Authors: Jacob Cassidy

Green Mountain Food Truck Company: Business and Feasibility Plan

Wed, 04/29/2015 - 11:22
Abstract: Executive Summary: Mission Statement: The Green Mountain Food Truck Company’s mission is to offer Burlington’s Students, Locals and Explorers alike quick, convenient and totally amazing food, which you and your wallet can enjoy. Management Plan: The Green Mountain Food Truck Company’s will be a member-managed Limited Liability Company, organized in the state of Vermont. Jonathan Spaeth is the Head Chef and Owner-Operator, and manages day-to-day operations. Operation Plan: The Green Mountain Food Truck Company will operate 7 days a week, serving breakfast, lunch, dinner (seasonally) and munchies each day, and operate 8:30am – 3:00pm. Pre ordering is available to reduce the ticket times, and increase the amount of customers served at one time. Marketing Plan: The Green Mountain Food Truck Company will use multiple promotion opportunities, using social media outlets, email, and at Green Mountain Food Truck Company. Financial Statement: The Green Mountain Food Truck Company will need $95,320 in starting capital. Mr. Spaeth will make a contribution of 25% with the remaining 75% obtained through a loan.
Access: Yes
Literary Rights: Off
Major: Food Service and Beverage Management
Year: 2015
File Attachments: VFTC bplan.pdf
Authors: Jonathan Spaeth

Feasibility of placing a visitor cabin on the VIC cross country ski trails near Jenkins Mountain

Tue, 05/05/2015 - 17:25
Abstract: The feasibility of placing a visitor cabin on the Paul Smith’s College Visitor interpretive center is the topic of this paper. Feedback from visitors including students, faculty and staff of Paul Smith’s college and the public was gathered by an electronic survey. This data was then compiled into graphs on excel to add a visual to the results. The visitor interpretive center or VIC as it will be referred to in the paper, has expressed interest in creating a cabin to cabin system or hut to hut system. This system would be modeled after those in Europe and what is currently in place on the Appalachian Trail in the United States. As the results show there is interest in a cabin being built on the VIC lands, this cabin would be a rustic structure and built near long pond. It would then be the VIC’s intention to charge a small fee to rent the cabin out at night. Once the cabin demonstrated success and interest the VIC would be open to establishing another cabin for similar uses as well as connecting the current trails to other trails in the area to create more opportunities for visitors.
Access: Yes
Literary Rights: Off
Major: Parks, Recreation and Facilities Management
Year: 2015
Authors: John Pokrzywka, Joseph Brod